Australe problem

Antworten
janroc

Australe problem

Beitrag von janroc »

Hi !

I have problem with my Aphyosemion Australe.
One by one my males stop to eat and close the fin.
They are also most at the time on the button or on the top of my tank.

My last male is now acting the same.
All of my female is normal.
I have 69 liter tank, change the water every week or every two week.
Add ectazon salt and Aqua safe, with the water change.
Feed them with live artemia, flak GVG mix, and frocen moscito.

Please any sugestion ?

Jan Rockstedt
DKG513

Australe problem

Beitrag von DKG513 »

Hi Jan,
it is very difficult to give you any advice from so far away.:(

It could be a problem with Oodinium, fishes which have this desease behave like that.
The dots on the fishes are much smaller than those of Ichthyophthirius. Sometimes the dots are not white but light brown. In this case the dots are very difficult to identify. So take a closer look at your fishes!

If your fishes got Oodinium, you can fight this with normal salt. I usually add methylene blue also.

I hope this will help you,

Regards
Günther
Gast

Australe problem

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi Günther !

Yes the last male is in scheels and ectazone salt right now.

Thanks for the info about Oodinium !!!
I didn\'t now about the light brown spot.

Most regards Jan Rockstedt
janroc

Australe problem

Beitrag von janroc »

For how long time should the male bath in this ?

Regards Jan Rockstedt
DKG513

Australe problem

Beitrag von DKG513 »

Hi Jan,
I had my first problem with Oodinium since many years in last autum. It was a tank with Chromaphyosemion sp. No. 6. The animals showed very small brown dots and they stood in the upper part of my tank with closed fins. But they eated well and I also found eggs!
I cured the fishes not in a special bath but in the aquarium, so I cannot tell you how long a bath should last. I gave two teaspoons salt into the tank (25 liters). I changed water every week (50%) and I added 1 teaspoon salt with every change for 3 weeks. I also added methylene blue every time untill the water shows a light blue. But this cure is a little dangerous for the plants. My Anubias got some yellow leaves caused by the salt. But after the salt-cure they started growing again.

Regards
Günther
Antworten