Images and movies of annual killi reproduction behaviour

Antworten
daniel_i_malmö

Images and movies of annual killi reproduction behaviour

Beitrag von daniel_i_malmö »

Hi
I am searching for images and movies showing the reproduction behaviour of annual killis; diving into the peat moss or similar.

The next weekend Malmö Akvarieförening (Aquarium Society) is arranging an aquarium show with about 100 aquariums. I will display a small theme, 6 aquariums with fishes with unusual reproduction behaviour.

I will have a sign and show a video to illustrate the behaviour of the different species. (Mouth brooders, shell dwellers, splash tetra, bubble nest builders, and of course annual killis)

But I have not yet found images or videos showing the behaviour of annual killis. Do anyone here have or know of images or videos I could use?

Greatful for any feedback!

Daniel
Noa

Beitrag von Noa »

Hi Daniel,

I haven't got such pictures myself, but I saw some in websites. I will never forget when I first saw them because on one of them the female killi is biting the male and it looks funny how they behave in the peat.

You can see it here:

http://killi-foto.de/killizucht.html

I don't know if you can use the pictures, you'll have probably to ask the owner for using.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Noa
SusiDKG750

Beitrag von SusiDKG750 »

Hi Daniel,

I tried to take some photos of my S. whitei - maybe some of them are good enough and you can use them for your speech. Feel free to take them!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

P.S.: Having just some trouble with imageshack, will go on uploading images as soon as it is possible!
Noa

Beitrag von Noa »

Hi Susi,

is that sand where the fish are diving in? Looks weird and fantastic at the same time. I didn't know they are doing this in sand, I thought they are acting like that only in peat...

Best regards,

Noa
SusiDKG750

Beitrag von SusiDKG750 »

Hi Noa,

yes, this is sand!
I offered them coconut fibres, but they still dive into the sand quite often. When they're ready, the females usually breath heavily, but obviously it doesn't do them any harm.
It just means some additional work for me as I have to collect every single egg. It's just like searching Easter eggs.... :lol:

@ Daniel: As Imageshack still refuses to work, I have put the pictures right here: http://www.fisch-und-maus.de/killi/
You can also use the images available in my gallery.
Zuletzt geändert von SusiDKG750 am 31 Okt 2006 19:18, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Uli

DKG-Mitglied
Beitrag von Uli »

Hi Susi,

"http://www.fisch-und-maus.de/killi/"

nice pictures!!!

Best regards

Uli
SusiDKG750

Beitrag von SusiDKG750 »

Thanks a lot!
(Next time I will try to get some pictures with peat.... :D)
Noa

Beitrag von Noa »

I can not believe you searched for the eggs in this sand!? This must be frustrating! :shock:

I like your pictures.

Best regards,

Noa
SusiDKG750

Beitrag von SusiDKG750 »

Hi Noa,

no, not really - it's the first time I have annual killis, so still everything is just exciting! :D
Next time I must find another way, of course....
daniel_i_malmö

Beitrag von daniel_i_malmö »

Thanks! Fantastic images. I'll use them in the slide presentation, it is not a speach but a short movie that be running in 'kiosk' mode - reapeating itself.
Antworten